Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hippie Chic




"I hate the term 'Hippie Chic' because hippies are not chic, I should know, I married one." Quoting Kate Hudson in the January issue of instyle magazine. She right, are hippies chic? Personally I think that hippies don't try to be fashionable, they just are. Okay... maybe taking showers and putting on deodorant would help them be a little more fashion forward. Honestly? Dressing like a hippie is incredibly easy and not to mention its nostalgic. Which brings me to come up with a little term of my own... The Glam Hippie. Meaning you dress up like a hippie but dress it up a little. Like a glittery dress, a headband, fringe, and a shower! But the origianl hippie? Here's how to master it; Mess up your hair a little bit and let it grow out. Wear long tye dye dresses. Put on lots of bangles and rings and necklaces. Get yourself some fringe boots. And last, but not least, oversized shirts. There you have it.
Yes, and here is that lovely cover of instyle that Kate was on. She's lovely and very amazing. I read the entire article with her and Stella McCartney doing a back and forth interveiw type thing. And she did say that quote I mentioned somewhere up there. Anyways, I love Kate Hudson, she is a style icon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Icons slide show